Monday, June 25, 2007

Laughing In The Rain

Last night my sister and I opened the door to find that while we had been inside having a nice, dry and fun time with our friends, the heavens had opened - and hadn't yet closed themselves.

We had to get all the way across two parking lots and a road to find the car and I had not brought an umbrella with with me. I was going to get very, very wet.

Oh well. Let's go!

We dashed out the door and down the steps and started running, rain pouring out of the sky and pelting against our faces as we jumped across puddles (or into them, depending on how agile we happened to be), leaped from the sidewalk to the road and back again and sang an old rhyme about rain at the very tops of our voices.

We arrived at the car breathless and yes - very wet.

I don't think that anyone witnessed our wild, vocal dash in the rain, but you know, I really don't care if they did.

My sister and I were having fun, being silly and just having a laugh together. We weren't doing it for anyone else, but if someone else saw and it made them smile or laugh, then a wet sweater and dripping hair was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL! :->