Friday, June 22, 2007

Just A Moment

Last Sunday I was making lunch for my Dad and sister while the rest of the family was out. I decided to do something a little special and was bustling around the kitchen, when a box of apples caught my eye. By accident we had ended up with about 24 apples - rather a lot. I paused mid-stride and contemplated the apples. Yes - I'd do it! With just twenty minutes to go until the lunch was cooked I made an apple pie. I do crazy things like that, but it payed off this time. The pie cooked while we were eating lunch and we enjoyed it hot out of the oven with cream.

We had visitors for the week and we went out and sat by a river and ate ice-creams. The wind was blowing our hair, the sun was shining and the ice-creams were delicious. We sat there watching the water, laughing over some funny stories and just enjoying a perfect few minutes.

Driving pack from a trip with some friends along we decided to do something to make the journey fun. Singing seemed to be the order of the day, so why not sing through The Sound of Music? We spent half an hours singing all the songs we could remember from not only The Sound of Music, but My Fair Lady, Slipper and The Rose, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers and some other favourites. It was so much fun!

Three moments in a busy week. Three little brakes from a busy time. They were just taken and enjoyed for what they were right then.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Musical songs *are* fun! I've never heard of Slipper and The Rose. :) I'll have to look that one up sometime. I really, really want to go see a live outdoor theatre performance of Sound of Music at the end of the summer up in the mountains. I must only scrape together the money and find a willing friend to tag along...wanna come? :)

Anonymous said...

Go for it! You do it so well ... taking 'just a moment', I mean. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us and encouraging us to take 'just a moment' too! :->