Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Welcome Back!

Can you welcome yourself back to your own blog? I'm not 100% sure of the formalities involved, so I'll just go ahead and welcome myself back to my blog!

Of course, it may well be that it has been such a very long time since I last posted here that all my readers have disappeared. I would not blame you. It is very hard to read a blog where nothing is written. I sympathize with your predicament.

Even the most dedicated and self-disciplined of the human race (and I can by no means hope to aspire to this title) are apt to fall behind at times. When I first started on my Blog Journey, I was resolved to write as often as at least every other day and never to become slack and fail to post for weeks on end - a practice I always find singularly irritating among my fellow blog-writers.

I seem to remember writing a couple of months ago about pride coming before a fall, but here I am again. My blog-pride has well and truly fallen.

What excuse can I offer? Certainly none which would be satisfactory. Can I claim a new job which has me trying (and failing) to reach new levels in time-management? Can I claim trips to far-flung corners of the country to attend conferences? Can I claim getting delayed for hours on my journey home? Can I claim multiple birthdays descending upon me all at the same time? Can I claim special secret birthday projects which should have been finished at least two or three weeks ago?

I knew you were not going to be impressed, but along with my sincere apologies I would like to claim a little bit of your sympathy when you are tempted to leave scorching comments of reproach - I have a cold that is making my head feel twice its normal nice, my throat like I just swallowed sandpaper and my poor little nose like it's been rubbed with pumice-stone every morning for the last 4 weeks. I also have some nasty little lump in my throat that is making me feel decidedly nasty every time I swallow.

I would like to end by wishing all my readers a very happy and cold-free week!

5 comments:

Josie said...

Welcome back!! Don't worry I'm still reading and enjoying :):)

I know the feeling - so many times I wish there were at least a couple extra hours in the day. I wish i could say the juggling gets easier with time...

MaureenE said...

Since I am far from a regular blogger myself and always feel like my excuses are completely inadequate, I will certainly forgive you and even tell you that you're not alone.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a post and so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better REALLY soon!
~Christina

Elisabeth said...

Welcome back!!

Katie said...

Oh, er, hello, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed by your apologies! ;)