Monday, July 2, 2007

A Bouncy-Granny-Wanna-Be

So many people say that wanting to change the world is something that teenagers want to do - once you get past the teen black-or-white stage, your enthusiasm, determination and motivation will quickly fade and ebb away into a grown-up mediocre attitude to just about everything.

I intend to prove them all wrong. In fact, I already have. I haven't been a teenager for a while now, but you know something? I'm still all out for changing the world, I still get majorly enthusiastic about so many, many thing and I am determined to make a difference and get things done. Admittedly my ideas on these various things have changed and the way I go about my world-changing is slightly different then it used to be - but I'm still doing it and I;m still getting excited about life.

When I'm 80, I still want to be hopping up and down with excitement when I have a fantastic idea; I still want my eyes to glow and my face to shine when I hear of some amazing project; I still want to get butterflies in my stomach the evening before my birthday. When I'm 80, I still want to be just as determined to change the world and I still want to be enthusiastic about what everyone is doing and something new that is about to happen.

When I'm 80. Along the way, I'm going to carry on being an enthusiastic world-changer.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I often think about what I want to be like when I'm 80. I think it's wise to consider....what we want for our futures shapes our present decisions. :) Like you, I certainly don't want to lose the passion for world changing! :)