Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thoughts on Randomness

I was sitting here thinking that I would like to write a post - just thought it would be a really neat thing to do.

OK, so I've decided I'm going to write a post, so now I am presented with Problem No.1 - When am I going to write my note?

Question No.1 is answered fairly easily - I've had my meal, I can have some fun time, so now is as good a time as any other.

So now I get to Question No.2 - What am I going to say in my post? Now this is a big question and, so far, a question that I have not yet been able to answer. What do you write in a post? Something that you want everyone else to read? Yeah, I guess that's good, but I'm not sure what everyone else would think of this if they read it. I guess you would also share profound thoughts through a post - the only thing which is profound about this gibberish is it's profound nonsense.

OK, well, now I have established two facts - 1. I don't know what to say in this post. 2. It's not going to be anything profound.

So what shall I say? I'll talk about whatever random thing floats through my brain first - like ... like ... like ... what exactly IS random????

Is random the first thing that pops into your head? Something you do because you can't think of anything better to do? Something you do for no reason at all, except the reason of doing something? Something that no one else is doing? Something that is totally unconnected to anything you could think of? Something that would only occur to you to think of or to do once in a Blue Moon?

Well, I shall end by breaking one of my two rules - I am going to share a Profound Thought.

My profound thought is that being random is not doing something that you think of only once in a Blue Moon. I can give you personal evidence on this: Lizzy talks utter bunkum the whole time, especially when she is tired and bored.

So this little lecture can't be random, because it's the kind of thing I talk about all the time - just carry on reading my blog if you don't believe me.

No comments: